Expert Economic Testimony: References Guides for Judges and Attorneys PDF eBook
- Authors: Thomas R. Ireland, Stephen M. Horner, James D. Rodgers, Patrick A. Gaughan, Robert R. Trout, Michael J. Piette
- ISBN 10: 0-913875-54-6
- ISBN 13: 978-091387-55-4
- Copyright Date Ed: June 22, 1998
- Pages: 296
- PDF eBook
The field of forensic economics is a rapidly changing sub-discipline in economics, perhaps best reflected by the increasingly common inclusion of economists as expert witnesses in courtroom settings. You will learn to process and understand expert evidence from the discipline of economics. This book provides a detailed examination of the art and science of economics, including expert testimony. You will gain a solid understanding of how economists apply the tools and methodologies of their discipline in these common areas of litigation.
The four areas of litigation covered are:
- personal injury, wrongful death & survival actions
- commercial litigation
- valuing closely held businesses
- and employment discrimination cases.